Episode 27: Joshua Topolksy, editor-in-chief of The Verge.
"Sometimes you tell stories that people don't know they need to read yet. You have to keep telling those kinds of stories, and eventually people will wake up to them. Of course we look at traffic. But the main thing is, are we doing good work? At the end of the week or the end of the day, do I think, that was awesome, I'm really glad we wrote that?"
Thanks to TinyLetter for sponsoring this week's episode!
Show notes and links:
- The Verge
- The Verge on Longform
- [3:45] "Spacewar" (Stewart Brand • Rolling Stone • 1972)
- [6:45] The Face magazine
- [8:00] jasonsantamaria.com
- [9:00] "Condo at the End of the World" (Joseph L. Flatley • The Verge • Nov 2011)
- [9:30] "For Amusement Only: The Life and Death of the American Arcade" (Laura June • The Verge • Jan 2013)
- [11:00] "Launch Party: A Crowdfunding Revolution Ignites the Next Space Race" (Adrianne Jeffries • The Verge • Jan 2013)
- [12:30] Vox Media
- [25:15] The Verge's ethics statement
- [30:00] The Verge's coverage of CES 2013