Chris Hayes hosts All In with Chris Hayes on MSNBC and is an editor-at-large for The Nation.
"The instability was so intense and the anguish and frustration were so intense that there wasn’t a ton of time to think through, 'Well, what is my role in this?' Mostly it was: wake up in the morning after two or three hours of sleep and start going to stuff, talking to people, and keep doing that until the show happens."
Thanks to GoDaddy for sponsoring this week's episode. Apply for the TinyLetter Writers Residency by September 26. And nominate your favorite soccer article for a chance to win a free Xbox One and EA SPORTS FIFA 15.
- [1:55] Evan on The Rachel Maddow Show (MSNBC • Apr 2014)
- [7:30] "Al-Jazeera runs from teargas in Ferguson" (YouTube)
- [10:30] "St Louis police officer shoots Kajieme Powell [Graphic]" (YouTube)
- [26:00] Hayes's archive in The Chicago Reader
- [28:00] "Trapped" (The Chicago Reader • Dec 2002)
- [34:00] Hayes's archive in The Nation
- [39:30] "The NAFTA Superhighway" (The Nation • Aug 2007)
- [40:30] Hayes's first TV appearance (C-SPAN • Sep 2007)
- [47:30] "Chris Hayes on 'Heroes' Controversy: 'I Fell Short at a Crucial Moment'" (Jack Mirkinson • The Huffington Post • May 2012)
- [59:00] Twilight of the Elites: America After Meritocracy (Crown • 2012)
- [100:30] "The Real Story Behind Chicago’s Crime Numbers" (MSNBC • Jun 2014)
- [100:30] "A Town's Only Hospital Closes" (MSNBC • Jul 2014)
- [100:30] "The (Too) Slow March of Desegregation" (MSNBC • Jun 2014)
- [101:00] "Years of Living Dangerously" (Showtime)