Emma Carmichael, a former editor at Deadspin and The Hairpin, is the editor in chief of Jezebel.
"Online feminism has more and more rules lately. There are only so many things you can say. And while our opinions are getting more constrained online, personal feminism and face-to-face conversations are looser and more complicated and don't go by any rules. ... The ideal with Jezebel is getting to a point where you can say, 'This is what I think, so who gives a fuck.'"
Thanks to TinyLetter for sponsoring this week's episode.
- Carmichael on Longform
- The Hairpin
- [1:00] Laura Olin’s TinyLetter
- [5:00] "Brett Favre Has His Hands Full With Himself" (Deadspin • Oct 2010)
- [9:00] "Letter From A Young Female Sportswriter: Ines Sainz, You Make Me Want To Stop Trying" (Deadspin • Sep 2010)
- [31:00] "Saartjie Baartman: The Original Booty Queen" (Cleuci de Oliveira • Jezebel • Nov 2014)
- [35:00] "The Right to a Sexual Narrative: On the Lena Dunham Abuse Claims" (Jia Tolentino • Jezebel • Nov 2014)
- [43:00] "Do-it-All UConn Star Breanna Stewart is Kevin Durant of Women's Game" (Sports Illustrated • Mar 2014)