Jeanne Marie Laskas writes for GQ and the New York Times Magazine. Her latest book is To Obama: With Love, Joy, Anger, and Hope.
“I hate saying this out loud, but it’s true: I’m really shy. Fundamentally, I'm 100% scared most of the time. I’m scared and wondering how I can not be noticed because I don’t know what to say and I’m shy. If you say I’m a good listener, that's why … I become more invisible so I’m more comfortable.”
Thanks to MailChimp, Techmeme Ride Home Podcast, and Pitt Writers for sponsoring this week's episode.
- Longform Podcast #9: Jeanne Marie Laskas
- Laskas on Longform
- [2:10] Concussion (Random House • 2015)
- [2:20] To Obama: With Love, Joy, Anger, and Hope (Random House • 2018)
- [2:30] "To Obama With Love, and Hate, and Desperation" (New York Times Magazine • Jan 2017)
- [23:20] "Have You Heard the One About President Joe Biden?" (GQ • Jul 2013)
- [43:20] "Guns 'R Us" (GQ • Aug 2012)
- [43:25] "Inside the Federal Bureau Of Way Too Many Guns" (GQ • Aug 2016)