Longform Podcast #50: Edith Zimmerman
Edith Zimmerman is the founding editor of The Hairpin and a contributing writer to The New York Times Magazine.
"I never wrote anything myself or ran anything from other people that was needlessly negative. It wasn't some false grin plastered all over it — we addressed dark things too, and poked fun at things. But I didn't want there to ever be a tone of yeah, let's really just deflate this. Because ultimately you're just stabbing at a ghost among friends. And then at the end you've all just fallen on the floor and the ghost is gone. You're not really doing anything constructive."
Thanks to TinyLetter for sponsoring this week's episode.
- The Hairpin
- [9:00] Letters to the Editors of Women's Magazines (The Awl)
- [9:45] Longform Podcast #19: Choire Sicha
- [13:00] "Chris Evans: American Marvel" (GQ • Jul 2011)
- [18:30] "99 Ways to Be Naughty in Kazakhstan" (New York Times Magazine • Aug 2012)
- [37:15] "Lively Woman Is in Trouble" (The Hairpin • Nov 2010)