Lawrence Wright, author of The Looming Tower and Going Clear, is a staff writer for The New Yorker.
"If I had the chance to interview Osama Bin Laden, should I kill him? It’s a fair question. Suppose we’re having dinner — should I stab him with the bread knife? Do I have a moral obligation to kill him? Or do I have a moral obligation as a reporter to simply hear him?"
Thanks to TinyLetter and PillPack for sponsoring this week's episode.
- Wright on Longform
- [6:00] Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief (Knopf • Jan 2013)
- [6:00] The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11 (Knopf • Aug 2006)
- [7:45] The Siege (Twentieth Century Fox • 1998)
- [14:45] "The Apostate" (The New Yorker • Feb 2011)
- [30:15] My Trip to Al-Qaeda (Jigsaw Productions • Apr 2010)