Amanda Hess, a staff writer at Slate, has also written for Pacific Standard, GOOD, and ESPN the Magazine.
"I ended up not loving the fact that I was getting a bunch of calls from MSNBC and CNN, who mostly wanted to talk about people threatening to rape and kill me and only a tiny bit about the story I'd written. ... It was tiring, and it seemed dismissive of me as a person. It's a strange thing to become somebody else's story, especially when the story is: You're a victim of an insane online harasser. That's who you are."
- Hess on Longform
- [3:15] "Point Taken" (Washington City Paper • Mar 2008)
- [9:30] The Sexist blog
- [18:30] "What Women Want: Porn and the Frontier of Female Sexuality" (Good • Nov 2011)
- [31:30] "Why Women Aren't Welcome on the Internet" (Pacific Standard • Jan 2014)
- [46:45] "Just Cheer, Baby" (ESPN The Magazine • Apr 2014)
- [47:00] "You Can Only Hope to Contain Them" (ESPN The Magazine • Jul 2013)