Chris Jones (Live in Romania)
Evan Ratliff interviews Chris Jones before a live audience in Bucharest, hosted by the Romanian magazine Decât o Revistă.
"It just feels good to fucking win ... If you want to say 'Let's get rid of [journalism awards],' no problem. But if they exist, I want to win them. Just because I won two—I know Gary Smith has won four. I want five. Unless Gary Smith wins five, and then I want six. That's just how I work. And maybe that's a terrible, competitive, creepy thing. But journalism is competitive."
Thanks to TinyLetter for sponsoring this week's episode!
Show notes and links:
- "The Honor System" (Esquire • Sep 2012)
- "Animals" (Esquire • Mar 2012)
- "The Things That Carried Him" (Esquire • Mar 2008)
- "TV's Crowning Moment of Awesome" (Esquire • Jul 2010)
- "Roger Ebert: The Essential Man" (Esquire • Mar 2010)
- Jones on Longform
- Decât o Revistă magazine