Did Thomas Pynchon write a series of letters to Northern California newspapers under the pseudonym “Wanda Tinasky”?
Wednesday, April 23
An interview with Joseph Stalin.
The dark side of startup life in Silicon Valley.
An extended version of this story is available as an ebook.
Alice Gregory has written for GQ, The New York Times, n+1 and Harper's.
"If you don't have a real story with a beginning, middle and an end, you owe it to the reader to kind of serve as their chaperone."
- Gregory on Longform
- [4:30] "Sad as Hell" (n+1 • Nov 2010)
- [9:45] "On the Market" (n+1 • Mar 2012)
- [11:45] "Mavericks" (n+1 • Oct 2013)
- [21:30] "Ryan McGinley: Naked and Famous" (GQ • Apr 2014)
- [32:30] "Professional Doppelgänger (Dealmaker)" (Mark Singer • New Yorker • Jan 1982)
- [33:30] "Found Money" (Harper's • May 2014) [sub. req'd]
- [40:30] "Interview: Renata Adler" (The Believer • Dec 2012)
- [44:00] "Obscurity is the Lure" (New York Times • Mar 2014)
- [49:30] Longform Podcast #34: Molly Young
Twelve years ago, Michael Stewart killed his mother during a psychotic episode. How he and his family are coping today.
The first living ex-pope in 600 years watches as the successor he enabled dismantles his legacy.
Tuesday, April 22
A profile of the reclusive billionaire who orchestrated a collectible toy craze.
An interview with Barry Diller about Aereo and the past, present and future of TV.
Previously: Vanessa Grigoriadis on the Longform Podcast.
The scientists working to free those trapped between life and death.