Ben Anderson is a war journalist and documentary filmmaker for Vice News. His latest book is The Interpreters.
"You're surrounded by people who are so poor. Maybe their family members have already been killed. And they still can't leave. So compared to that, I can't really take the idea that I've suffered and that I need stop and go to a spa for a few days. I can't take that idea that seriously. Compared to them, it feels like I am leading an almost privileged existence."
- Ben Anderson on Vice News
- [12:00] The Slaves of Dubai (Vice News • Apr 2009)
- [15:30] "My Holidays in the Axis of Evil" (BBC • Feb 2003)
- [20:43] No Worse Enemy (Oneworld Publications • Oct 2012)
- [21:15] This is What Winning Looks Like (Vice News • May 2013)
- [23:20] The Battle for Marjah (HBO • Feb 2010)
- [33:16] Vice on HBO
- [40:00] James Wood's New Yorker archive
- [42:40] Afghan Interpreters (Vice News • Jul 2014)
- [42:40] The Interpreters (Vice News • Aug 2014)
- [43:00] King Leopold's Ghost (Adam Hochschild • 1998)
- [54:30] Longform Podcast #1: Matthieu Aikins