Susie Cagle is a journalist and illustrator.
“I don’t really know what it was that made me not quit. I still kind of wonder that. There have been many times over the last couple of years even, as things are taking off in my career, things are going well, I’m writing about wonderful things that are interesting to me, and I still wonder—should I be doing this? What the hell is next year gonna look like?”
Thanks to MailChimp, FreshBooks, and AlarmGrid for sponsoring this week's episode.
- [10:00] Cagle’s Curbed San Francisco Archive
- [21:00] "The Free and the Antifree" (n+1 Editors • n+1 • Fall 2014)
- [21:00] "Freedom Isn’t Antifree; Responding to Privilege" (with Manjula Martin • n+1 • Winter 2015)
- [22:00] Who Pays Writers?
- [30:00] "Is Wall Street Making a Killing off Cities’ Debt?" (Next City • Oct 2014)
- [34:00] "Cartoonist Susie Cagle on Her Tear Gassing and Arrest While Covering Occupy Oakland" (Laura Hudson • Comics Alliance • Nov 2011)
- [36:00] "Ledger #1: Spreadsheets > WORK > 2015 > By Gig" (Tiny Letter • Nov 2015)