Rachel Monroe is a freelance writer based in Texas.
“I will totally go emotionally deep with people. If I can find a subject who is into that then it will probably be a good story. Whether that person is a victim of a crime, or a committer of a crime, or a woman who spends a lot of time on the internet looking for hoaxes, or whatever it may be—I guess I just think people are interesting. Particularly when those people have gone through some sort of extreme situation.”
Thanks to MailChimp, Club W, and Igloo for sponsoring this week's episode.
- Monroe on Longform
- [00:45] "Fire Behavior" (Oxford American • Apr 2014)
- [01:00] Love and Ruin: Tales of Obsession, Danger, and Heartbreak from the Atavist Magazine (W.W. Norton & Company • 2016)
- [04:45] "From Pickup Artist to Pariah" (New York • Jan 2016)
- [15:45] "Evil Genius" (Pacific Standard • Sep 2015)
- [18:15] "Have You Ever Thought About Killing Someone?" (Matter • Apr 2015)
- [42:00] "Cancer Cons, Phoney Accidents and Fake Deaths: Meet the Internet Hoax Buster" (The Guardian • Feb 2016)