Hillary Clinton is the former Democratic nominee for president. Her new book is What Happened.
“I hugged a lot of people after [my concession speech] was over. A lot of people cried … and then it was done. So Bill and I went out and got in the back of the van that we drive around in, and I just felt like all of the adrenaline was drained. I mean there was nothing left. It was like somebody had pulled the plug on a bathtub and everything just drained out. I just slumped over. Sat there. … And then we got home, and it was just us as it has been for so many years—in our little house, with our dogs. It was a really painful, exhausting time.”
Thanks to MailChimp, Audible, and Casper for sponsoring this week's episode.
- [00:15] What Happened (Simon & Schuster • 2017)
- [03:45] Global Warming For Dummies (Elizabeth May & Zoe Caron • For Dummies • 2008)
- [26:00] "The Comey Letter Probably Cost Clinton the Election" (Nate Silver • FiveThirtyEight • May 2017)
- [31:00] "Rosenstein’s Case Against Comey, Annotated" (Candice Norwood & Elaine Godfrey • Atlantic • May 2017)
- [32:00] The Creation of Anne Boleyn: A New Look at England’s Most Notorious Queen (Susan Bordo • Melville House • 2014)
- [32:00] The Destruction of Hillary Clinton (Susan Bordo • Melville House • 2017)
- [37:45] "Margaret Atwood, The Prophet of Dystopia" (Rebecca Mead • New Yorker • Apr 2017)