Longform Podcast #34: Molly Young
Molly Young is a freelance writer for GQ and New York.
"Writing a celebrity profile puts you in a position that no human being wants to be in: you are speaking with somebody, you know that they're lying to you, and you know that they know that they're lying to you. That's just the most humiliating position—it violates any human instinct for maintaining dignity."
Thanks toTinyLetter for sponsoring this week's episode!
- [3:30] Warby Parker
- [9:00] "How Did Susan Miller Become the Go-To Astrologer for the New York Fashion Set?" (New York • 2013)
- [14:15] From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler (E.L. Konigsburg • 1967)
- [16:45] "Kickstart My Heart" (n+1 • 2008)
- [22:45] "Leading Mannequins" (GQ • 2012)
- [31:30] "Sweatpants in Paradise" (The Believer • 2010)