Jay Caspian Kang is a writer and editor at Grantland.
"That's one of the things I've been learning: sometimes if you just sit there, they forget that you're there, so they forget to get rid of you. I'm very quiet and I try not to ask them a lot of questions. ... Generally I just observe. I feel like because I'm a fiction writer, the story will tell itself through the narrative of the person's movement through their daily life."</i>
Thanks to TinyLetter for sponsoring this week's episode!
- [2:00] "Online Poker's Big Winner" (New York Times Magazine • 2011)
- [4:30] The Dead Do Not Improve (2012)
- [8:00] "The High Is Always the Pain and the Pain Is Always the High" (The Morning News • 2010)
- [11:30] "Immigrant Misappropriations: The Importance of Ichiro" (Grantland • 2011)
- [15:00] "The White Album" A profile of Royce White (Chuck Klosterman • Grantland • 2012)
- [21:00] Bill Simmons's Grantland archive