Andrea Bernstein is a journalist and co-host of Trump, Inc., a podcast from WNYC and ProPublica. Her new book is American Oligarchs: The Kushners, the Trumps, and the Marriage of Money and Power.
“Hope is an action. And I feel that writing and documenting is an action. When I stop doing those things, I will be hopeless. But because I am still doing those things, it means that I still have hope… so long as we continue to be actors in the world, we can be hopeful human beings.”
Thanks to Mailchimp and Pitt Writers for sponsoring this week's episode.
- Trump, Inc.
- Bernstein's archive at ProPublica
- [04:07] Ilya Marritz on the "Nine Pillars of Bernstein"
- [11:12] Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference in the 2016 Presidential Election [pdf]
- [11:47] The Trump Card: Playing to Win in Work and Life (Ivanka Trump • Simon & Schuster • 2009)
- [14:31] American Oligarchs: The Kushners, the Trumps, and the Marriage of Money and Power (W.W. Norton • 2020)
- [19:09] City for Sale: Ed Koch and the Betrayal of New York (Jack Newfield, Wayne Barrett • HarperCollins • 1988)
- [34:28] The Origins of Totalitarianism (Hannah Arendt • Shocken • 1951)
- [35:06] “Truth and Politics” (Hannah Arendt • New Yorker • 1967)