Ashley C. Ford is a writer and host of the podcast Fortune Favors the Bold. Her memoir, Somebody's Daughter, is forthcoming from Flatiron Books.
“For the first time I felt like I had so many more choices in my life than I originally thought I had. That was my first realization that I did not just have to react to the world, that I could be intentional in the world, and just curious about what came back to me.”
- Fortune Favors the Bold podcast
- [5:00] "Roger Loves Chaz" (Roger Ebert • Sep 2012)
- [11:34] The Giver (Lois Lowry • Houghton Mifflin • 1993)
- [17:47] Ford's commencement speech at Ball State
- [26:09] Ford's archive at Buzzfeed
- [41:00] "Ashley C. Ford’s Debut Memoir ‘Somebody’s Daughter’ Finds Home at Flatiron"(Paperback Paris • 2018)