Mat Honan is a senior writer at Wired.
"[The tech] industry—especially as it relates to a lot the silly apps and the silly websites and the silly shit that we put up with—is ridiculous. It's just such a hype fest, people living off of jargon and nonsense. There are entire conferences devoted to nonsense! ... I like to skewer that stuff, because I don't want to feel responsible for it. I don't want to feel like I'm making someone go out and buy some piece of shit they don't need."
Thanks to this week's sponsor, TinyLetter!
- [0:30] Pop-Up Magazine
- [2:00] "How Apple and Amazon Security Flaws Led to My Epic Hacking" (Wired • Aug 2012)
- [6:00] "Yes, I Was Hacked. Hard." (Honan's Tumblr)
- [17:15] "Liveblog: Get the Latest Updates From Google I/O 2013" (Wired • May 2013)
- [17:30] "Welcome to Google Island" (Wired • May 2013)
- [18:30] "Fever Dream of a Guilt-Ridden Gadget Reporter" (Gizmodo • Jan 2012)
- [27:30] @RUSirius
- [29:15] "I Am Here: One Man's Experiment With the Location-Aware Lifestyle" (Wired • Jan 2009)
- [31:30] "Stock and Flow" (Robin Sloan • Snarkmarket • Jan 2010)