Jonathan Abrams covers the NBA for Grantland.
"Players know that with the stories I do I'm not trying to burn anybody. I'm trying to tell a story for what it's worth and be honest to that person. ...That's one of my main goals, that you know why this person is [a certain] way when they step on the court. You know why Monta Ellis is going to keep shooting the ball. You know why Zach Randolph is such a gritty player. What these guys have gone through growing up, it materializes in their game."
Thanks to this week's sponsor, TinyLetter!
- Abrams's Grantland archive
- [3:30] "Loose Cannons: Ricky Davis and Lance Stephenson" (Grantland • Apr 2013)
- [10:45] "The Devil and Stephen Jackson" (Grantland • June 2012)
- [13:00] "The Two Lives of Zach Randolph" (Grantland • Nov 2012)
- [14:45] "The Music in Royce White's Head" (Grantland • June 2012)
- [14:45] "The Professional: Chauncey Billups" (Grantland • Dec 2012)
- [15:00] "The Miseducation of J.R. Smith" (Grantland • Sep 2012)
- [23:30] Longform Podcast #35: Jay Caspian Kang
- [25:30] Grantland Quarterly
- [31:00] "The Malice at the Palace" (Grantland • Feb 2012) </ol>