Evan Wright, a two-time National Magazine Award winner, is the author of Generation Kill.
"When people were killed, civilians especially, I realized I was the only person there who would write it down. I was frantic about getting names, and in the book there are a few Arabic names, some of the victims. Not that anyone cares. But I thought, 'At least somewhere there's a record of this.'"
- Wright on Longform
- [3:45] Generation Kill (2004)
- [10:00] "Scenes From My Life in Porn" (L.A. Weekly • Mar 2000)
- [12:15] A.J. Liebling’s New Yorker archive
- [14:15] "Big Red Son" (David Foster Wallace • Consider the Lobster • 1998) [pdf]
- [16:30] Every Love Story Is a Ghost Story: A Life of David Foster Wallace (D.T. Max • 2012)
- [18:15] Hella Nation: Looking for Happy Meals in Kandahar, Rocking the Side Pipe,Wingnut's War Against the Gap, and Other Adventures with the Totally Lost Tribes of America (2009)
- [28:00] "The Killer Elite" (Rolling Stone • Jul 2003)
- [30:30] Longform Podcast #64: Gay Talese
- [33:30] Wikipedia: Christopher Isherwhood
- [39:30] Karl Taro Greenfield on Longform
- [48:30] "Pat Dollard's War on Hollywood" (Vanity Fair • Mar 2007)
- [57:00] American Desperado: My Life—From Mafia Soldier to Cocaine Cowboy to Secret Government Asset (with Jon Roberts • 2011)
- [1:00:00] How to Get Away with Murder in America: Drug Lords, Dirty Pols, Obsessed Cops, and the Quiet Man Who Became the CIA's Master Killer (Kindle Single • 2012) </ol>