Kevin Roose, a writer at New York, has contributed to The New York Times, GQ and Esquire. His latest book is Young Money: Inside the Hidden World of Wall Street's Post-Crash Recruits.
"Google will give you away. I feel like one undercover book is all you get these days before the jig is up. ... Unless, like Barbara Ehrenreich, you legally change your name. I was not quite prepared to go that far."
Thanks to TinyLetter for sponsoring this week's episode.
- Roose on Longform
- [3:15] The Unlikely Disciple (Grand Central Publishing • 2010)
- [4:30] The Year of Living Biblically (A.J. Jacobs • Simon & Schuster • 2007)
- [16:45] Young Money (Grand Central Publishing • 2014)
- [30:15] Roose's New York Times archive
- [44:45] "Pursuing Self-Interest in Harmony with the Laws of the Universe and Contributing to Evolution is Universally Rewarded" (New York • Apr 2011)
- [54:00] "Go West, Young Bank Bro" (San Francisco • Feb 2014)