Longform Podcast #20: Patrick Radden Keefe
Patrick Radden Keefe is a staff writer at The New Yorker.
"I tend not to like really prescriptive writing, and as often as not what I want to do is kind of get in and find the stories and the narratives almost as a delivery mechanism to just get people to sit up and think about it. Honestly, the areas that I'm interested in are so obscure, often, that the thing that I want is for people just to understand and care a little bit more than they did before."
Thanks to TinyLetter for sponsoring this week's episode!
- Keefe on Longform
- Patrick Radden Keefe's books, Chatter and The Snakehead
- "Cocaine Incorporated" (New York Times Magazine • June 2012)
- "Revearsal of Fortune" (New Yorker • Jan 2012)
- "The Trafficker" (New Yorker • Feb 2010)
- "Welcome to Newburgh, Murder Capital of New York" (New York • Sep 2011)