In 2008, Hana Williams left an Ethiopian orphanage to join a large, Christian fundamentalist family in America. Three years later she was dead.
Thursday, November 14
On the Kunsthal heist and the murky economics of making money from stolen paintings.
Searching for the real reason why a bunch of kids partying at the empty home of an NFL player became a national story.
Wednesday, November 13
Monika Bauerlein and Clara Jeffery are the co-editors of Mother Jones.
"We probably pay more attention to our fact-checking and our research than almost everybody in our industry. By the time we publish stuff, we make sure it's unimpeachable because people would like to impeach it."
- Mother Jones on Longform
- [16:45] Mac McClelland's Mother Jones archive
- [18:00] "Follow the Dark Money" (Andy Kroll • Mother Jones • Jul/Aug 2012)
- [19:00] "School of Shock" (Jennifer Gonnerman • Mother Jones • Aug 2007)
- [21:45] "Secrets of the Tax-Prep Business" (Gary Rivlin • Mother Jones • Mar/Apr 2011)
- [26:45] "WATCH: Full Secret Video of Private Romney Fundraiser" (David Corn • Mother Jones • Sep 2012)
- [43:00] "Solitary in Iran Nearly Broke Me. Then I Went Inside America's Prisons." (Shane Bauer • Mother Jones • Nov/Dec 2012)
A history of scandal and civil war within the first family of the Unification Church.
Tuesday, November 12
A profile of Perry Fellwock, a.k.a. Winslow Peck, who exposed the NSA in an 1972 article for Ramparts magazine.
Fifty years ago, 180,000 whales vanished from the ocean. The mystery is not who killed them, but why.
Growing up in a Toronto suburb while a serial rapist is on the loose.